Here are all the specific details for how we’re going to try and do this
Following the Government announcement on 12th July that we have achieved step 4 of the Roadmap, OGRI MCC are just a little bit excited to announce that events are back on !
However, OGRI MCC will continue to adopt certain covid safety measures for everyone’s peace of mind, because these are still very strange times.
So, for all of our events, we’re going to be adopting the follow approach :
- For anyone 12 years of age and over you will be required to take a NHS approved Lateral Flow Test before you leave home (WITHIN 36 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVING ON THE OGRI MCC SITE)
- Don’t feel too special, OGRI MCC will be doing the same.
• You can currently order these tests online or pick them up at a local approved pharmacy FREE of charge – https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
• Once you have taken the test, wait for the result and then submit it to the NHS website https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
• You will receive a confirmation email or text from the NHS with your result within 30 minutes.
• Show your NHS email or text confirmation on arrival to Booking In so that your test result can be verified.
Once you have provided proof of a negative test, only then will you be issued with your wristband.
Once you have received your wristband – that’s it – enjoy yourself.
You will not be required to take another test if you are leaving and returning to site, but we’d encourage you to stay on site if you can.
NO ACCESS WILL BE GRANTED UNLESS PROOF OF A NEGATIVE COVID TEST IS SUBMITTED ON ARRIVAL
TRACK AND TRACE
You will also be asked to check in at Booking In using the official NHS Track & Trace QR codes which will be located at Booking In and around the site.
We know some folks can’t/won’t use the NHS Track and Trace app for work/other reasons so we will ask you to supply yourdetails so we can add this to our manual check in form. This data will be destroyed after 30 days.
What else to expect :
- Please bear with us if it takes a little longer to get served, we are doing things a little differently this year to help keep you safe,
- You might have to cross your legs and hold on whilst we clean the toilets more often,
- Fresh air is good for you – we’ll be trying to keep enclosed areas ventilated,
- Handgel will be available on site for you to use, but feel free to use your own,
- Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask – your choice, no judgement
- If certain areas get too crowded, you might be asked to make some space.
- We might have to change things on the fly, either due to our call, or due to any new guidelines/ rules that come out of the woodwork.
- Bar, Real Ale & Cider, Silly Games, Custom Bike Show, good food, Live Music and as many of the “normal” OGRI shenanigans as we can manage to put on !
What we expect
- It has been been a while since “big” groups of folks have been able to get together. It’s gonna be good, but maybe a little weird – give people space if they need it.
- Enjoy yourself. Have a beer.
- Don’t be a dick.
- Got a question ? – Check out our FAQ
- We’re expecting the website to get hammered due to demand – please give it a chance !
Sound good ? Grab your 2021 Summer Rally tickets now
We’ve taken tickets offline BUT we still have some spare.
If you still need one please call 07815 751484 BEFORE arriving so we can put one aside for you.
You will still need to provide a negative LFT for entry (info here https://www.ogrimcc.org/summer-rally-2021-dont-forget/)
See you at the Bar later !!!!